Monday, October 25, 2010

whats your Favorite Craft show quote?

Most of us have been there, set up early, after driving miles, usually cold, wrassling with the "E-Z" up, back breaking work, finding out you dont have enough change or bags or whatever.

Up comes that sweet lil ol lady and you think whoohoo a potential sale.


Out pops her statement to Mavis next to her " Oh I could make that" 

uh huh.  Only if you have all the tools and supplies mamam.  and talent, technique.

So what do you do? I smile and say really? Thats fabulous! did you make that? ( pointing at anything she is wearing) 

so what are some of your favorite trade show quotes/comebacks?

6 comments:

  1. Lady looking at my turquoise:"Do you have white turquoise?"

    Me: turquoise is blue or green..

    *OOPS! She has on a neck full of howlite and swears it's white buffalo turquoise she bought reasonalby on ebay..I just said again above..lady stomps off...*shrug..it is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy. I'm doing my first craft show next weekend and I cant wait to hear some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait for the one that says.."can you show me how to do that? I m learning."

    I say:" my hourly rate for teaching is 25.00 Heres my card" and smile sweetly.

    good luck on your show ashley and let us know how it goes.

    Be sure to have some visual interest in your display.

    the eye gets bored with all one level..so raise some things, use shelves, cheap ones from family dollar worked great for me. I just set them on the table and put the busts on them with a bit of fake ivy to break up the look.

    I really need to raise my tables though. it is easier for browsing ( back aches after awhile )

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'I can make that for you.'
    Me: "Really? I have the materials if you want to try."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Customer: why are your prices so high? I can get this at Walmart.

    me: Speechless

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often get (as I make scented products) 'Oh, I can't smell a thing...allergies you know.' My comeback" "I'm gonna take that as a challenge...here, smell this!"

    Fortunately, I don't get the "Mavis" comment often (as a lot of folks can't figure out how I get lip balm in a tube...LOL) but I do get a lot of 'oh,but it is so much cheaper at WallyWorld'...

    that brings up a true teachable moment...

    AND, if someone can show me how to do this...I'm CoquetteBath, but google wants to remember me under my OLD name...

    ReplyDelete