I've been very busy the last couple of months and I'm trying to keep all the balls in the air so a few things, like this blog, have been slightly neglected. Oops.
Anyhow, I've gotten our Guild invited to 2 different Terrace locations for this spring starting in Feb; the Clear lake and Sugar Land locations. I've also made a commitment with the Tanglewood location near downtown Houston for Guild members to teach basic craft classes to the residents. The verbal agreement consists of the manager paying for individual supplies and a separate $75 fee for 1 instructor for a class size of 5-15 for 1+ hours. The manager stated that we could sell our products during the class if wished but she wanted the residents to have more interactive activities.
Cctexan3 and I have committed to Dec 10 from 2-4pm for a basic jewelry making class for a Christmas bracelet and earrings to start up this new program. I've got another artistic friend who has committed to drawing classes starting in Jan.
While it's not going to be a huge money maker it is a networking opportunity and the manager stated that when new projects work well at one location the other Terrace managers are quick to join in. She stated that she would love to have a few classes a month if possible down the road. So if this works an instructor could teach a class every week for $75 each if it works out it would be an additional $300 a month for someone. Not too bad and who knows who else we might meet! And if other Terraces joined it than multiple classes at multiple locations for several instructors could be a decent money maker in the future!
I'm slowing building Texas Artfire's local foundation and I hope to have people calling us offering work someday!
New Website in the Works
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment